A BIG Thank You to all our guests, friends and family who voted for Berkshires Shirakaba in
USA Today’s 10Best Eco Friendly Hotels contest!
Sadao and I have been together for many years now, and one thing that has always been important to us has been to have the smallest negative impact on our environment in everything we do. We were eco-friendly before it became the norm!
So it was just a given that we first built our home back in 1999, we would do it with the help and guidance of the Energy Star Program.
- We used triple pane Thermotech windows,
- Geothermal Furnace/cooling by Water Furnace,
- Solar panels on roof, radient floor heating,
- Icynene insulation (we even donated all the cut offs to be made into giant bumpers that were used on local ski slopes to keep guests from hitting trees!)
- We used all energy Star rated appliances and light fixtures.
Even today, we also use eco friendly products for cleaning and toiletries for guests and recycle/reuse everything we can.
Being environmentally aware has been our way of life for many years, and will continue to be. And we’re so happy to provide this environment for all our guest when they stay with us.
We have been so honored to be nominated as part of the 10Best… and are excited to see the results when they are posted on Friday!
I’ll keep you updated!