Welcome to Shirakaba ... our mini resort that gives you
A Taste of Japan, Right here in the Berkshires
Come away to the ancient hills and cool forests we call the Berkshires. Leave the busy city and escape into Shirakaba, voted the Best Romantic Getaway, and Best Inn in the Berkshires 4 years in a row. Berkshires Shirakaba is a Japanese-American Guest House that is set high on a wooded ridge top in the far north western Massachusetts village of New Ashford.
- Free shuttle service to Jiminy Peak
- Privacy, with only 2 suites each can accommodate 1-4 guests
- Shirakaba is smoke free & pet free
- 21+ Acres Eco-Friendly of Green Property
- Complimentary gourmet made to order breakfast
- Private indoor swimming pool 39' x 9'
- Optional Massages
- 6 Person Sundance Spa outdoors in warmer months
- Hardwood or tile floors throughout Shirakaba, no carpeting
- Saunatec Far-Infrared Sauna
- Optional 6 Course traditional Japanese dinners
- Shirakaba is Energy Star Certified
Lose yourself in the middle of nature, take a short walk out to the gazebo relax by the pool or on one of the decks. Shirakaba is where your vacation truly lets to relax, rejuvenate and unwind.
Come Celebrate any event here, Shirakaba is a perfect place to hold:
- Family get together (up to 8 guests)
- Girls' or Guys' get away - offers 2 western king size beds, up to 4 Japanese tatami room futon with 4" memory foam topper beds
- We love to help you celebrate Your suite and Shirakaba will be decorated for your special event in your color choices.
- Gift Certificate available for $ amount or specific length of stay
- First visit to USA
- Proposal site
Shirakaba is 8 minutes from Jiminy Peak offering FREE shuttle service to and from the mountain during your stay.
Newly opened Ramblewild is 5 minutes away and offers Tree- Tree Adventures
The Clark Art Institute is 20 minutes North.